The Union of Arab Chambers participated in the First Regional Conference for Digital Transformation Applications in the Arab Region, which was held on November 11 in Beirut Digital District, with the participation of a large number of specialists, and in the presence of the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Arab Union for Internet and Communications, Dr. Firas Bakour, Assistant Secretary General Kamil Moukarzel, and Director of the Department of development of communications and information technology in the Arab League, Dr. Khaled Al-Wali, in addition to a group of specialists in the information and communication technology sector.
The conference began with a welcoming speech by the Assistant Secretary-General of the Arab Union for Internet and Communications, Kamil Moukarzel, stressing that communications and the Internet have become an urgent and basic need for people, pointing out that in light of the Corona pandemic, all factors must be challenged to build an advanced model digital society in all Arab countries.
In turn, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Arab Union for Internet and Communications, Dr. Firas Bakour, stressed the need to work to secure the infrastructure for communications and information technology services and basic applications in the Arab region, in a way that secures the continuity of life remotely, whether working, learning or providing basic life services in light of the Corona pandemic.
He also stressed that the time has come, if not too late, to encourage investment in the information and communication technology sector, encourage investors to enter it, and convert local initiatives into joint Arab initiatives that take their role in global initiatives.
The participants discussed the topic of "remote work as a way to implement business and distance learning" in the first working session, while the second session focused on cybersecurity during emerging crises, in which the participants addressed the gaps that can be exploited by hackers through remote dealing, and the safest ways to access To the solutions envisaged.
The following are the most prominent ideas, points that were touched upon, and recommendations in this regard:
• Communications and the Internet have become a basic need for everyone.
• The need to build an advanced model digital society in all Arab countries.
• Securing the infrastructure for communications and information technology services and basic applications in the Arab region.
• Encouraging investment in the information and communication technology sector.
• Reconsidering work policies in terms of acceptability of work, learning and technological development.
• Employing technology in all fields.
• Although artificial intelligence helped many organizations develop for the better, but this led to the emergence of new methods of smart attacks, and thus the importance of investing in enhancing cybersecurity.