About the Union
The General Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry is one of the important mechanisms in activating the private sector's economy in the development of the national economy. It is a civil society organization that seeks through its programs and its members to play an influential role in the economic movement, which can make positive proposals that affect the speed of social and economic growth and which lead to the creation of employment opportunities for young people and graduates, and to achieve commercial relations and economic interests between Libya and the countries of the world.
Vision, Mission and Goals
The Union hopes through the local chambers, councils and clubs of the Libyan businessmen to contribute to achieve a good return and added value to the Libyan economy by activating the direction of the state that encourage the private sector and give it greater opportunities to assume the responsibilities and tasks of the economic burden through what they will for the establishment of industrial and service projects and calls the national capital And from individual savings that have been disabled for many years.
The General Federation of Chambers of Commerce seeks to assist and support in the process of promoting trade, industry and agriculture, and taking care of the interests of the businessmen of the chambers in all fields in the interest of the national economy and within the general policy of the state and this happens through:
• Coordination in international relations
Proposal to establish a joint chamber of commerce with foreign and Arab countries and representation of Libya in it.
• Management of public associations and administrative committees
Nominating the members of the General Assemblies and the Administrative Committees of the Joint Chambers from the Libyan side and proposing to establish them on the peer chambers abroad.
• Organizing visits and economic gatherings
Preparing for the visits of trade and foreign delegations and the formation of economic and Libyan delegations of businessmen and specialists to travel abroad, receiving and fare-welling economic delegations from the countries of the world and discussing enhancing cooperation with their countries in the fields of trade and industry.
• Establishment of economic forums
Establishing economic forums with other countries, exchanging information and publications with them and exchanging official visits.
• Follow-up of Chambers’ affairs
Following up the affairs of the Chambers of Commerce with the administrative, economic and other public entities, and the costing of the Chambers in the investigations with the commercial delegations at home and abroad and the joint chambers, establishing rules of cooperation and coordination between them and resolving any dispute would happen.
• Participation in local and international events
Participating in economic conferences, internal and external exhibitions, holding conferences and exhibitions and supervising them inside and outside Libya.
• Contribute to supporting decisions and legislation
Preparation of studies and research and making recommendations and proposals for economic and industrial affairs and participation in decision-making in legislative and executive bodies.
• Protect and defend the members of the Chambers
The establishment of a Conciliation and Arbitration Center which should be concerned with the arbitration of disputes between the members of the Chambers at one condition that the parties to the dispute do not belong to the same Chamber of Commerce and settle the dispute in which a foreign party is based on the agreement of the parties concerned.
Activities and Services
- Push the national economy through the mechanism of dealing with employers and modernizing the rules of the private sector
- Providing a database for the registration of companies and production units
- Provide administrative facilities and care for owners of small and medium enterprises, especially registration certificates
- Organizing conferences, seminars, training courses and participation in the work of economic and joint councils and research committees related to economic activity and trade of Chambers’ members
- Provide support to the members of the chambers and protect their activities and defend their interests and work to demonstrate the difficulties they face
- Representing the members of the chambers in the relevant bodies, organizations, federations, institutions, conferences and international organizations
- Provide suggestions and research to the concerned parties in economic development
- Issuing publications, bulletins, economic newspapers, commercial guides and participating in economic reforms
- To conclude agreements and cooperate with and participate in the corresponding chambers and councils inside and outside Libya.
- Organizing and managing local exhibitions and participation in Arab and international ones.
- Issuing certificates of origin, certificates and adjudication in commercial disputes
- Participating in the preparation and development of laws and economic legislation
- Collecting information and statistics of trade and industry and providing institutions and people with them.
- Sending, arranging and preparing Libyan delegations to visit abroad and receive and prepare for the visit of foreign delegations to Libya
- Authentication of securities and data relating to activity and trade and the ability of financial guarantee and commercial status and degree
- Establishing a conciliation and arbitration center and settling disputes at home and abroad
- Work to protect commercial interests and help to develop solutions for any commercial difficulties
- Assist in establishing business relations with peers around the world.
- Quick access to foreign companies and attracting the foreign partner
- Providing members with awareness of laws, regulations and economic decisions
- Linking with the World Trade Centers in the capitals and cities of the world
- Assist in obtaining visas for them and their guests from foreign businessmen
- Promote youth's capabilities and create transparent business environment for them.
- Establishing a bridge between the youth of business and financing and banking to build the capacities of young people in business management
- Spreading the entrepreneurial spirit and encouraging young entrepreneurs to take initiative
- Raising the competitiveness of the youth industrial enterprises and guiding them to run their business on a modern scientific and technical basis
- Achieving the interests of the private sector in the framework of national efforts and policies to support and develop the Libyan industries and to increase their exports and promote them to foreign markets
- Meet the needs of businessmen and enable them to activate their role in building strong and competitive national economy capable to take its positions among others.
- Establishment of an economic information database on Libya and the private sector and the definition of relevant laws, regulations and ministerial decisions and economic relations between the economic sectors at home and abroad
- Issuing evidence and disseminating economic information and making the annual directory as an information and media reference as easy as possible to allow all readers and business owners to extract from it
- The General Union of Chambers works to consolidate international relations, especially commercial, industrial and investment, and to bring together the viewpoints of business owners in all fields, to create bridges of understanding and cooperation among them, to create the right environment and the right climate for exchange of goods and products.
- Achieving political economic gains and tighten the cooperation between the Union and its chambers in Libya and the chambers of commerce in the world and economic activities and exchange the benefits in a world which is drowning in the dossiers and entrenched by motives of interests.