Vision, Mission and Goals
Since its foundation in 1975, the Federation has been supporting the activities of the Chambers of Commerce and Syrian companies and sponsoring their interests.
The Syrian business environment is changing rapidly. Trade liberalization and expansion and reform of its legislation have brought many benefits, but it has also posed many major challenges. The Union is working to find solutions to these challenges and is promoting Syrian companies in the world. We have expanded our activities to deepen cooperation and trade ties between Syria and the global economy, so that the Union is at an advanced position in this regard. We are also deeply involved in the discussion of reform and the formulation of new policies in order to take care of the interests of the Syrian private sector and provide them with the right tools to work in a modern business environment.
Activities and Services
- The Union is the supervisory authority of the 14 Chambers of Commerce in Syria. It represents the interests and needs of these chambers and their members. The Federation officials discuss trade issues with the Government and contribute to the formulation of policies so that chambers of commerce have a role in drafting vital reform legislation which are present in various ministries and are assisting in the drafting and application of new bills.
- The Federation represents the interests of the Syrian Chambers of Commerce in front of companies and visiting delegations and represents them in the visits of its officials abroad in order to increase trade exchange between Syria and other countries. The Federation also names the members who will represent them on the boards of the Joint Arab Foreign Chambers of Commerce.
- The Federation provides Certificates of Origin to Syrian exporters through the Chambers of Commerce whereas the companies that export the Chambers of Commerce are provided with details of their products. After verification, these Chambers issue certificates confirming the origin and quantities of the products. The Federation also certifies the certificates of origin for goods imported to Syria from all the countries of the world, on the other hand, the Union is working to facilitate the movement of Syrian businessmen abroad, by receiving visa applications for travel, and send them to Arab and foreign embassies operating in Syria.
- Work on the development of skills within the Syrian business sector. In this context, the Union has provided great support for the establishment and promotion of training centers in the Chambers of Commerce in order to harmonize the outcomes of the educational process (scientific and technical) Work on the other hand, and therefore try to link training to the labor market to ensure that the business sector to the employment that helps to raise the level of productivity and competitiveness, and these centers organize several training courses according to the needs of the business sector.
- The Federation, in cooperation with the Syrian Chambers of Commerce, provides information to Syrian companies on foreign markets and international companies. It also provides information on the local market of foreign companies interested in investing in Syria.
- The Federation organizes and participates in local, Arab and international exhibitions and conferences in order to promote the Syrian business sector and to introduce the investment climate in Syria.
Board of Directors
Mohamed Abou El-Hoda El-Lahham: President of the Federation of Syrian Chambers of Commerce
Mohamed Amer Hamwi: First Vice President
Mazen Hammad: Second Vice President
Wassim Al-Qattan: Secretary
Iyad Draq Al-Sibai: Stockist
Osama Mustafa: Office member
Fayez Al-Hussein: Office member
Pascal Author: Office member
Anas Joud: Office member